Inverter AC or non-inverter AC – this is one common and hot topic of argument amongst the users. While some users believe that inverter ACs are expensive, on the other hand, some stand firm with their decision of buying them.
Both the types of ACs are great and efficient with their working but which one is best AC in India and honestly, the choice between the two is really difficult to make. Thus, to end the confusion and argument between these two types of ACs, we are here highlighting all the possible features, pros, and cons of the types.
Difference between inverter AC and non-inverter AC – which one is better?
Let us begin with the ultimate showdown between both the AC types.
Type of motor:
The type of motor used in the AC determines a lot about its working. Therefore, it is one of the most essential factors that you should keep in mind when choosing an AC for your needs.
- The non-inverter type AC has a compressor motor with a fixed start and stop cycle which ends up consuming more power while working. This also adds up to the overall electricity bill payable.
- On the other hand, the inverter ACs have a variable frequency motor that adjusts its working speed according to the cooling need. This ensures the maximum electricity savings along with offering the needed convenience to the users.
Verdict – inverter ACs work better with variable frequency motor
One of the major consideration factors while buying an AC is the noise that it makes when in use. Isn’t it? You surely don’t want to be disturbed by the continuous working noise.
- The non-inverter ACs make considerable noise as the available compressor needs continuous on and off during the use. This creates quite a load on the compressor which results in creating the noise.
- Talking about the inverter ACs, they don’t need its compressor to get on and off continuously because of its automatic working. As a result, the working of the inverter ACs is a lot more convenient and quieter than the non-inverter AC.
Verdict – inverter AC makes minimal noise when in use as compared to the non-inverter ACs
Wouldn’t it be great buying an AC that not only offers you cool and soothing temperature but also ensures to minimize the overall energy consumption for reduced electricity bills? Well, surely it would be.
- The non-inverter AC is not that effective in preserving and conserving the energy during their working. Since, they cause too much pressure on the available compressor for its use, this type of ACs fails to be good at being energy-efficient.
- Just the opposite, the inverter ACs are a suitable choice for conserving up to 50% of your electricity bills. Thanks to their automatic working and their ability to adjust their cooling as and when needed, the inverter ACs can save a lot of energy as they work.
Verdict – you can trust inverter ACs to be more energy-efficient than the non-inverter ACs
One of the major attractions in the ACs is their air filters. The available air filters play a major role in ensuring that the delivered air is suitable for breathing and is not infectious for anyone.
- The non-inverter ACs are designed with standard air filters which surely do minimizes the air contaminations but not up to the desired levels. This sometimes may cause some health issues to users with continuous use.
- Talking about the second type of ACs, the inverter ACs are designed with several advanced air filters such as HEPA, carbon filters, etc. These filters ensure to keep the delivered air free from all possible contaminations to keep the users in the best of their health.
Verdict – the inverter ACs are equipped with advanced air filters to keep the surrounding air clean and contamination-free
You are buying an air conditioner to get cool air, isn’t it? Would that make any sense if your chosen AC is not capable of delivering you with cool air as and when you need it? Well, honestly that would be just a waste of money. Therefore, it is important to know the cooling ability of both the AC types.
- The non-inverter AC takes its own time to cool down the surroundings as the compressor reaches the fixed speed for cooling. The users have to wait for a certain time until the desired working speed is attained by the AC before cooling.
- On the other hand, the inverter AC instantly cools down the surroundings; all thanks to its variable-speed compressor which can adjust its working speed according to the requirement. There is hardly any waiting time to get soothing cool air with this type.
Verdict – the inverter type is way more instant to deliver cool soothing air when compared to the non-inverter type
For most people, price is one of the major deciding factors when planning to buy an AC. And why not, after all it is your hard-earned money and surely you should invest it in only the best products.
Let us take a closer look at the associated price factor of both the available types of ACs.
- The non-inverter ACs are cheaper and budget-friendly for being a convenient buy for each and every one. You can find a suitable non-inverter AC within an affordable price range of 10,000 to 15,000.
- As compared to the non-inverter ACs, the inverter ACs are expensive. You need a minimum of 25,000- 30,000 investment if planning to buy a suitable inverter AC. But, honestly, with all the benefits that this type of AC can offer, the investment is really worth it.
Verdict – the non-inverter ACs are cheaper and affordable than the inverter ACs.
Wouldn’t you adore an AC that can last for a lifetime, delivering its efficient working? Are you sure about the offered lifespan of your selected AC type? A little information about the type of AC will help you to be sure of the available lifespan.
- The non-inverter AC doesn’t last that long as expected because the compressor motor has to be turned on and off throughout the use. This causes extra pressure on the motor along with causing additional harm which ruins its efficiency.
- Coming to the inverter AC type, these work with a maintained and adjustable speed which reduces causing any extra pressure on the compressor motor. The motor doesn’t have to work very hard which also reduces any wear and tear to the machine. Thus, these types last for the maximum time without causing any hassles.
Verdict – the inverter AC can last longer than the non-inverter type with suitable and efficient working
Last but not least, you should be sure of the performance that your chosen AC type can deliver. The performance of the AC clearly depicts its efficiency to cool the room irrespective of the outside temperature.
- Since the non-inverter type works with a fixed start and stops the cycle, its performance is not that versatile and is sort of fixed cooling. It just creates a certain temperature in the room to keep it soothing than the outside surroundings.
- On the other hand, the inverter ACs are way more versatile than the non-inverter types. It operates using the controlled compressor unit which adjusts its working as and when needed to cool the room. It also ensures to maintain the right room temperature to keep the surroundings always soothing.
Verdict – the inverter AC offers better and dedicated performance when compared with non-inverter type
Other than some of these essential features, you should also keep in mind the offered warranty with your chosen inverter type. Make sure that the chosen inverter type offers you with the best warranty limit to effectively handle any kind of working issues without any hassles.
Advantages and disadvantages of the AC types:
Both the inverter types have their own set of advantages and disadvantages, which are listed below:
Inverter AC advantages:
- Delivers value for money
- Designed for dedicated performance with variable speed motor
- Better lifespan
- Noiseless working
Inverter AC disadvantages:
Now, let us move to the next AC type and highlight its advantages and disadvantages
Non-inverter AC advantages:
Non-inverter AC disadvantages:
- Limited lifespan
- Not so good with energy efficiency
Our vote goes in favour of inverter AC, amidst the mentioned types. It won’t be wrong to say that an inverter AC takes the lead over non-inverter AC in all the major domains like energy saving, bill saving, cooling, etc.
The inverter ACs are not only popular because of their increased efficiency but are also less demanding in terms of maintenance. Overall, the inverter ACs are designed to offer great performance, convenience, and great value for money to the users and thus are the best choice to make.
So, what is keeping the non-inverter ACs so popular in the market? Well, the non-inverter ACs are available at a comparatively lower price than the inverter ACs and thus can fit in the budget for most of the buyers. However, if you have a choice along with future savings in mind, then inverter ACs would make the best choice.
Do comment below all your thoughts, concerns, and doubts, if any, related to the selection between inverter AC and non-inverter ACs. We will assist you with the best possible help for the same for a perfect selection.